Couple killed in A9 crash named locally as tributes paid to 'beautiful, amazing individuals'

 A couple who died in a horror smash on the A9 in Caithness have been named locally.


Paddy Davidson and his partner Hazel Allan passed away after their white Land Rover Defender crashed on the busy road at Achavanich, north of Latheron, shortly after 11.30am on Tuesday, November 29.


Emergency crews raced to the scene but sadly, 46-year-old Paddy, who was driving at the time, and 50-year-old Hazel, who was in the passenger seat, were both pronounced dead upon arrival. No other vehicles were involved.


Following the tragedy, tributes have poured in for the pair, who devastated loved ones have described as 'beautiful, amazing' individuals who 'lived life on their own terms'. Hazel's daughter, Freya, said she would miss 'everything about her'.


Hazel's daughter, Freya Allan Scrimshaw, said: "My mum was the best person in my life, she's helped me through everything and I'm gonna miss talking up in my room for hours on end about everything and anything.


"I'm gonna miss the way we would banter, I'm gonna miss the way you hugged me, I'm gonna miss everything about you, always and forever mum, I love you."


She added: "Paddy was such a great man, I don't think I've ever met a person so good before. He inspired me so much, and was like a second dad to me. I'm gonna miss him so much. I'll make sure to take best care of your dogs and keep your name going in the game keeping world. I love you."


Paddy's mum, Lorne Davidson, wrote: "It is with the greatest sadness that I have to tell you that my elder son Paddy Davidson and his loving partner Hazel Allan were killed in a motor accident yesterday.


"Paddy was the only grandchild my Irish dad knew. They had a special rapport."


A spokesperson for Brothers In Arms MCC, Scotland's Military motorcycle club for serving and ex-service personnel, posted: "It is with the deepest sadness and regret that we must say farewell to our brother and Secretary Paddy Davidson and his beautiful partner Hazel Allan.


"Paddy and Hazel were involved in a fatal car accident yesterday morning. This tragedy has left our club devastated, but our pain is insignificant in comparison to both Paddy and Hazels' families.


"Our heartfelt condolences are extended to both families at this terrible time.


"Both Paddy and Hazel lived life on their own terms and were deeply loved for exactly who they were. You are sorely missed, our brother and sister."


Ruthie Jean Burnett, a friend of the pair, commented: "Two of the most loving people I had the pleasure of knowing. Thank you for all the laughs and memories. Sleep tight, you two, and behave. Thoughts to both the families."


Jazz Buchanan said: "I’m so sorry to hear this terrible news… They were amazing, lovely friends and will be so sorely missed. I had the pleasure of visiting them up in Garve a while ago and I just can’t believe this tragic news."


Yvonne Gilfillan continued: "Never a dull moment, never an empty dance floor. Heartbreaking news. Sending condolences and much love to all family (biological and biking), friends and acquaintances. Paddy and Hazel will not be easily forgotten but will be sorely missed."


Jason Hare sadly concluded: "I’m so sorry to read this devastating news. He was a great guy and a friend. They were a lovely couple. My sincere condolences and deepest sympathies to their families and to the club. I’m in shock."


Sergeant Calum MacAulay of Police Scotland’s Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the families and friends of both people who have died in this incident.


“We are working to establish the full circumstances which led to the collision and I would urge anyone who may have information to come forward.


“We would be keen to anyone who may have seen the Land Rover on the road prior to the incident or who may have dashcam footage from the area. Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, quoting reference 1064 of 29 November.”



Post a Comment for "Couple killed in A9 crash named locally as tributes paid to 'beautiful, amazing individuals'"